Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sweet 16 Birthday Cake

After my long blogging strike... I've decided to back to blogging.  I'm not sure why I take long breaks from blogging, sometimes it just takes me a while to get into it. While on strike,  it has been a fun summer of Rangers baseball, traveling to Seattle and Vancouver B.C., raising baby wood ducks, and swimming to beat the 100+ degree heat. It was a wonderful summer!

This weekend past weekend I made a birthday cake for my neighbor and her friend, both having their Sweet 16th Birthday. A very exciting birthday for anyone! A day where you are finally legal to drive and the freedom to go to your friends homes or just out with your friends without your parents having to take you! We had a fun evening of celebrating...eating out, doing a scavenger hunt and eating cake!

I made a 3-tier topsy turvy cake with polka dots, zebra print and stripes. My inspiration for the cake came from the Pink Cake Box.  





Happy Sweet 16 Alexis & Karagan!


1 comment:

  1. Carla,
    I love this cake! Get back on the ball, girl, and post more fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete