Friday, October 29, 2010

Bakerella in Dallas

Wow! I don't even know where to begin! We have been having a blast since moving to Ft. Worth exploring what the metroplex has to offer and looking for a house as well. I know it has been a LONG time since my last post, and I will not make any excuses for my procrastination, unless having way too much fun exploring can be used! :)

I went to NorthPark Mall in Dallas recently for a book signing at the Williams-Sonoma store. Angie Dudley, aka Bakerella, was there to sign her Cake Pops book and indulge us with her knowledge of making cake pops. If you have no idea what cake pops are, please visit her site listed under Blogs I'm Following, I promise you will not be disappointed! Anyway, the book signing was a lot of fun! I have never attended an actual book signing, so I really didn't know what to expect. I arrived to the mall a little after 10:00 and the signing didn't start until noon. Luck would have it that I parked on the complete opposite side of the mall from where Williams-Sonoma was. So, I meandered through the mall stopping at various stores along the way. I finally made to the store where I still had to purchase the book (even though I already had it, they make you show proof-of-purchase from the store where the signing is, which for me is good. I can have a clean copy and one that gets dirty from baking in the kitchen). They informed me that the line was outside and a number would be given for my spot in line. So, I proceeded outside to stand in line. I was given 31, at first I thought that was bad but, as it turned it wasn't because 140 people showed up! The line started at the front door and wound around the outside of the building.




After waiting the hour and half, it was finally noon and time to go inside for Q&A with Bakerella. It was great hearing her story of how she started blogging and coming up with the cake pop idea. After the Q&A, we went back outside and lined up by number for the start of the book signing.


When it was my turn to to get my book signed, I was actually star struck! Crazy I know, but this was all new to me! She asked me if I made cake pops and I said yes, lots of them. She then asked which ones I had made. I wasn't expecting the question and drew a complete blank! I told her I had made the pumpkin pops, and then I couldn't think of the others I had made! I felt like a complete dumb dumb! I guess she could sense my blank, because she the said you must be a professional, which my response NO! Not even close!


Me drawing a complete blank!
Still struggling with the blank as Bakerella is signing away.
Me and Angie Dudley, aka Bakerella
It was great talking with her and getting to know how friendly and funny she is.


 My signed copy of Cake Pops....

1 comment:

  1. have no clue who this is, but looks awesome! i am so happy y'all are happy!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete